Saturday 23 March 2013

Pyrex madness

Happy days in my Oldyworldy land.

I have been in Pyrex heaven over the last couple of months. A wonderful repeat customer has inspired me to go on a Carnaby Tempo and Matchmaker treasure hunt. She has bought all of the items I've found for her and I've endured a steep learning curve working out how best to wrap and pack them in boxes that weigh less than 2kg. Royal Mail is not the best solution for a ceramic-dealer it seems!

At the end of my last search I found my pot of gold......


42 pieces of retro heaven
 
Fabulous Steak Plates - 9 in total


Immaculate retro Carnaby pieces that my 'Crazy Pyrex Lady from America' (as she's known in my house) could not resist.









Gravy Boat to die for



 

This has led me to take the leap into using an International Delivery Service. The company I've found will even come and pick up the parcels from my home. Because I'm wanting to keep the postage costs down for my Crazy Lady, I've not taken them up on this offer - £15 is a big ask when the postage is already in excess of £100.

At last I've been able to bubble wrap and polystyrene peanut my way into filling large boxes with Pyrex, instead of painstakingly splitting items up between smaller boxes to keep the weight under the golden 2kg. How liberating!

After a few other sales in my Etsy shop I'm much more motivated. With more courage in my taste I've gone out and bought retro treasures that I'd like to buy myself. In fact, I'm going to have to keep a few - oops, that's not good business sense.




Watch this space for some gorgeous Poole Pottery and more Coffee Pots: www.etsy.com/shop/Oldyworldy


Not sure if my vintage tweed jackets will make it into my shop. And as for the mohair vintage headwear? Well I'm not sure.

I could do with a Thelma and Louise trip........

No comments:

Post a Comment